Landlord – York’s Independent Letting Agent’s for Landlords
Whether you are considering making a property investment, or you are a new or experienced landlord, Anderton McClements can offer you expert advice, exceptional knowledge and professional service that’s right for you.
Your property is in Safe Hands
As an ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents) licensed agent, regulated by the Property Redress Scheme and Client Money Protection Schemes, Anderton McClements can reassure you that your property and investment is in safe hands, equipped to deliver a first class service.
Why choose Anderton McClements Letting Agents?
- Experienced, independent, local letting agent
- Exceptional local knowledge of the York market and surrounding areas
- Dedicated and experienced team with extensive knowledge of the residential lettings
- State-of-the-art technology and CRM systems, accounting and referencing processes to make the journey for all Landlords a smooth and rewarding experience
- A trusted team of loyal and dedicated contractors to ensure excellent property management
- Support and membership of leading industry regulatory bodies, ARLA, PRS and TDS
- Online marketing of properties through Anderton McClements website and Rightmove
Anderton McClements Landlord Services
Anderton McClements can offer any service to suit your needs. We can do as little or as much as you like to ensure you have the right match of Tenants for your property. Whether it’s marketing your property for a Tenant find service only or full property management, you can be reassured and have complete peace of mind that Anderton McClements will leave no stone unturned in looking after you and your property.
Buy-To-Let and Investing in Property
Buy-to-let is a very popular medium to long term way of investing, because it can provide regular income and capital growth. Mortgage providers now offer many packages attractive to Landlords and investors, property is a very appealing and rewarding investment choice.
Anderton McClements can offer you guidance and advice in selecting the right property for you. See our Investment guide
The main thing to consider is who your market is. Busy, professionals looking to rent a city-center apartment or a single person or couple looking to rent a house on the edge of town. We can help you with making the right choice and guide you in the safety and legal compliance and of course comprehensive rental valuations and yields to help you make the right decision for you.
Reasons you may choose to Let
- Homeowners may choose to let if they are struggling to sell their property. Securing an income from letting may give more options.
- A job move aboard may present an opportunity to generate rental income whilst their property is vacant.
- A family member needing to go into a care home may leave a property available for rent.
- Investing in property can be a reliable and rewarding way to prepare for retirement
Preparing the property for rent
The key thing to achieve is to make sure the property can the look the best that it can. It needs to be attractive to people wanting to view it and stand out against similar properties. How the property presents will affect the speed at which it is let and its rental value. These easy tips will help attract interest. Anderton McClements offer a full refurbishment service project managing the contractors from beginning to end. Full quotes are given throughout the process
Top Tips for preparing your property to Let.
- Present a clean, uncluttered and neutral space – be prepared to do any repairs or maintenance where needed, ie. Decorate walls, replace the bathroom sealant.
- Kitchens and bathrooms should be as modern and well presented as possible
- Carpets should be cleaned, or replaced where necessary
- Gardens should be tidy and easily maintained
- The property should have all safety and legal compliance certificates in place. Anderton McClements can arrange all this for you
Letting your property
Anderton McClements are experienced in matching the right Tenant with your property, we pride ourselves in selecting low-risk Tenants, we do this through rigorous referencing and background checks. Together with an extensive database of Tenant matching software we use online marketing portal Rightmove to ensure we can find the right-calibre Tenant. Anderton McClements also works closely with relocation agents and large corporate organisations who come to us when they are looking to rent a property for their employees.
Full Landlord Tenancy management
Anderton McClements can offer full Tenancy and property management. This takes the hassle and pressure away from the Landlord who can relax knowing that everything will be taken care of professionally and competently.
Before a Tenant moves in and satisfactory references have been returned, we will prepare the Assured shorthold Tenancy Agreement and work closely with the Landlord to include any special terms and conditions which they would like written into the contract. We will prepare a detailed inventory and schedule of condition which fully details all aspects of the property, furnishings, decoration, carpets, and garden. This forms the basis for the condition of the property and will be used at the end of the Tenancy to cross-reference the comparison and determine if any of the deposit will be needed to cover repairs, dilapidations, or damage. We will also register the Tenant’s deposit in a Government-backed scheme and provide the Tenant with a certificate.
We will collect the rent each month and provide you with a statement, clearly displaying all fees, rental amounts, and any payments to contractors
We will carry out regular property visits and produce a report to send to Landlords. This will not only allow us to monitor how the property is being cared for, we can also see what repairs and maintenance are needed. We will be the go-to people for your Tenants to report any repairs and maintenance and will supply with costs and quotes for any work. We will always keep you informed of what needs to be done and take your instruction.
We will work closely with you and your Tenants to arrange changes to the Tenancy, renewals, Tenancy extensions. In the event the Tenant gives notice, we handle the remarketing of the property.
We will organise all the end of Tenancy arrangements when the Tenant leaves, this includes a thorough checkout of the property using the ingoing inventory. We will negotiate any deposit deductions and ensure the property looks the way it did at the start of the Tenancy and ready and prepared to let to new Tenants.